Monday, December 10, 2007

These girls can sing!

I have decided that this is one of the most exciting places for me to come and learn about what is going on here in the city. This too is where I met Debbie Deal (or THE Debbie Deal as I now affectionately call her because there are only 2 degrees of separation from me to anyone in the entire city). Since Kingdom Causes has a "coordinating council" heart as well, this is a natural group to seek partnerships/collaborations with. What a great asset this group is to Glendora! I'll save a seat for you if you are interested in coming!

The treat of the morning was the Glendora HS Tartan Silhouettes. This group or 30 or so singers came and performed for us and knocked it out of the park! They have some serious skills! Great job! Very inspiring season music.

My connection at my table for the morning was John Lundstrum. He works with the historical society locally and I am going to find a way get some sort of a presentation for many of the younger leaders here in order to facilitate their growing understanding of the place in which they serve. He was up for it so I told him that I would be in contact in the new year.

Hey, Pastor Bruce Butler (Glendora Friends) was there to provide the invocation. Good to see you again!

No comments: